• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIRobin doubling RAM usage in Illustrator.

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is still happening to me.  Let me say first that i have checked the preferences in Bridge and there are zero file types allocated to AIRobin.  I have also turned off background saving and background exporting in Illustrator preferences.  

At this moment I have Illustrator open with no files open and it's using 13 GB of RAM.  This makes it impossible to have multiple files open aor to have Photoshop open at the same time.

It seems like something is broken here.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)

Mac OS Big Sur 11.0.1

24 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon R9 M380 2 GB

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. You may try resetting preferences helps in this scenario & see if this helps. Please follow instructions given below to do that:

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to locations 
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 25 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old 
  • Launch Illustr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. You may try resetting preferences helps in this scenario & see if this helps. Please follow instructions given below to do that:

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to locations 
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 25 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old 
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings.

Another thing you may try is to create a new user account on the machine & see if you have similar issue there while working on the app. Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ashutosh,

I tried everything you listed here twice and AIRobin still appears and used double RAM.  I even created a dummy account and logged in to the mac and it still appears (however it uses slightly less RAM in this occasion for what it's worth).  

There must be a way to get rid of this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit:  This DID seem to work but I had to restart and go back to my original log-in.  I'm not positive which part of the answer worked but I no longer see AIRobin in myactvity Monitor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that I marked this as answered and, in fact, AIRobin was gone for about a day but it has returned and is using double the RAM.  I need another solution to this problem as it is killingf my workflow and production

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I had the issue last year, and after some installing / reinstalling / updating it was suddenly gone, but since yesterday this problem has returned. 

AiRobin is using over 19Gb of RAM and AI is using 14Gb with not one file openend. 

I honestly hate this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I finally got this remedied but I had to have a share desktop session with an adobe tech.  The way that I understand this is when you update to new versions of Illustrator and other Adobe software you're given the option to save past preferences.  Well there's something broken with this feature and somewhere it is saving a .plist file or some preference file for every past version of Adobe that I had ever had.  I watched the files get deleted and I saw some CS2 files and it was really like cleaning out your ancient junk drawer.  I would recommend having a share you pc session with Adobe if this problem persists.  Also they need to really remedy this.  Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did they use to sort it? the CC Cleaner tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wish I could tell you.  It happened in just 15 mins. and I didn't really notice any software.  It really just looked like they navigated through my finder to some different locations.  I do remember it was a process and they started but deleting ALL fonts, all preferences in the folder and then beyond that I couldn't follow.  Sorry I couldn't be more helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines