• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIX file not opening

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated both ArcGIS and Illustrator to 2020, exported a GIS layout to an .aix file type, downloaded the extention for the two programs, logged in on to GIS through Illustrator, and yet I still can't open the .aix file on Illustrator.  It says it's an unsupported file type.  I'm frustrated because I feel like I've ran into problems with every step and now even the last one is giving me issues.  

I see other posts with the same issue but no solution, has anyone gotten past this?

TOPICS
Import and export , Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

If the extension does not work, please contact ArcGIS about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the extension does not work, please contact ArcGIS about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ArcGIS can't help me.  I think the extension is working just fine, it allowed me to save my map as am AIX file and it allowed me to login through Illustrator.  The problem to me seems to be on Illustrators end not allowing this file type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AIX is not a native Illustrator file type.

It is the plugin that enables Illustrator to open AIX files. If Illustrator does not recognize the file type, then obviously the plugin does not work. And ArcGIS needs to tell you how to make it work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines