Highlighted

Aligning to match bottom of object without moving everything to bottom

New Here ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am trying to align the group of object to match the bottom of the half circle shown in the photo and cannot figure it out. In the photo you can see on the right side the bottom matches up with the bottom of the half circle but on the left side it for some reason wont. If I try to use the aligner it moves everything to the bottom and I want it to mirror the other side. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Aligning to match bottom of object without moving everything to bottom

New Here ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am trying to align the group of object to match the bottom of the half circle shown in the photo and cannot figure it out. In the photo you can see on the right side the bottom matches up with the bottom of the half circle but on the left side it for some reason wont. If I try to use the aligner it moves everything to the bottom and I want it to mirror the other side. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a few ways to duplicate and align. If you have Smart Guides turned on, you should see a purplish line when it's aligned. To turn on Smart Guides, go to View > Smart Guides and make sure Smart Guides is ticked.

You could also Shift + select the other group so that you have both groups selected. In the Properties panel in the Align section, click the 3 dots for more options. In the lower right of the Align options, click Align To: and select Selection. Then click to align the bottoms.

One of my favorite ways to make a duplicate with symmetry is to select the part you want to be duplicated (you only need the original half), go to Effect > Distort & Transform > Transform... and at the bottom, set Copies to 1 and above that in Options, check Reflect X. You may need to change the registration point to get the reflection where you want.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

camid,

What happens if you ClickDrag over the left group and the half circle to select both, then Click the half circle again, then in the Align palette Vertical Align Bottom?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020 0