• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All images and text have suddenly been greyed out / transparent on illustrator??

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried everything. Checked if the layers have been locked, checked if it's a display issue. I might have clicked something accidentally on the keyboard that was a shortcut to something. No idea how to get this back to normal colour!!

Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 1.18.47 pm.png

Only when I click into a clip mask, it shows it's actual colour (as shown below). Not even sure what's going on! If someone can give me some suggestions on what I should try / do, that would be hugely appreciated!

Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 1.21.32 pm.png

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Feature request , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

You are in Isolation mode, pressing Escape or using this arrow will get you back to normal mode.

isolation mode.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are in Isolation mode, pressing Escape or using this arrow will get you back to normal mode.

isolation mode.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, no that was just because I was clicked on an image. When I'm not clicked on an image, I'm not in isolation mode. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I've used Illustrator for years and I know how to exit isolation mode. This is a bug added with the newest release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, this is extremely frustrating as I've spent more than an hour trying to figure this out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you show the layers panel?

Check if the layer is a Template layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines