Highlighted

All Workspaces & Toolbars Disappeared

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened Illustrator to get to work on some graphics this morning and noticed my workspace was completely blank. No toolbars or anything.  When I click on one of the default workspaces, no toolbars load.  It will also only allow me to select the "Essentials Classic" workspace, no others.  I tried clearing my preferences with ctrl+alt+shift at startup but that did not work either.  I am running the latest version of Illustrator on Windows 10.  Never had this issue before.

That was one of my first thoughts, but unfortunately that did nothing.  Tab didn't work, and none of the preloaded workspaces would do anything.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Illustrator once but chose to keep my preferences, and it still did not work. 

Ultimately, I Then I uninstalled and deleted my preferences and reinstalled, and now everything appears to be back to normal.  

TOPICS
Bug, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

All Workspaces & Toolbars Disappeared

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened Illustrator to get to work on some graphics this morning and noticed my workspace was completely blank. No toolbars or anything.  When I click on one of the default workspaces, no toolbars load.  It will also only allow me to select the "Essentials Classic" workspace, no others.  I tried clearing my preferences with ctrl+alt+shift at startup but that did not work either.  I am running the latest version of Illustrator on Windows 10.  Never had this issue before.

That was one of my first thoughts, but unfortunately that did nothing.  Tab didn't work, and none of the preloaded workspaces would do anything.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Illustrator once but chose to keep my preferences, and it still did not work. 

Ultimately, I Then I uninstalled and deleted my preferences and reinstalled, and now everything appears to be back to normal.  

TOPICS
Bug, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you press the TAB key, does that help?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here (toolbars, controls and workspaces are gone) Toolbars and controls I can get back via Windows>Toolbars or Control, but workspace options is non responsive, stuck to my customized setting and not showing anything or being able to reload others. Similar thing happened 2 weeks ago as well with workspaces in new update 24.3. No updates was installed now, but I can't keep recreating my workspaces from scratch every 2 weeks. Is this is a bu that Adobe can fix asap?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0