• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Altering an image to be printed around a box corner

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a vector logo, essentially a donut shape, that needs to be printed around the corner of a cardboard box. 

In order for the logo to appear correctly and connected acrross all faces when the box's flaps are folded, the donut must be printed on three faces (two side faces plus one top flap when folded down.)

The print on the flat, unfolded box, will requre that my donut be adjusted with a gap, 90º or 25% of the circle, as open space to allow for the top flap's fold. The fold connects the two edges of the gap to finish the image.

In essence, this is a Pac Man circle and I need Pac Man's mouth to open up 90º without losing any bit of the logo.

Can this be done in Illustrator or Photoshop? Is this similar to preparing an image to be applied to a cone's surface?

Much appreciated in advance!

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what magic button you are looking for. Simply duplicate the object and crop the relevant bits with clipping masks to the respective art boards/ print regions, including adjusting their offsets to account for the fold margins/ bleeds. No need to make it more complicated than that.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is the fold. I have to warp the object radially to allow for a blank section to accomodate the box flap. 

Is there a way to smoosh the object radially so that it copresses into a 270º pie missing a 90º piece?

I found this older suggestion in Photoshop but I can't seem to get it to work in the current version. https://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/15286/how-to-project-an-image-into-a-cone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope your issue is resolved by now. We'd appreciate if you can mark the appropriate response correct. If you used any other method, you may share it with us here. It'll help other users with similar concern.

If you still have issues, you may share the details. We'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines