Highlighted

An extra colored border space when exporting a file as JPEG or PNG

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I designed a poster in Adobe Illustrator. On that poster, I used a smudge stick effect on a plain black background from the effect gallery panel. Once I was done, I wanted to export the file as a PNG file. Once  I finished saving it, I preview it, and I see this colored border surrounding the artwork. I decided to then remove the smudge stick effect from the black background. Once I saved and exported it, the color border is not there, and I realised this color border only occurs if I use a color background with an effect from the effect gallery. Could anyone explain why this happens? Here is an image for further details. Note that the images look different in terms of the borders and size.Graphoon 3.pngGraphoon 2.jpg

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

An extra colored border space when exporting a file as JPEG or PNG

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I designed a poster in Adobe Illustrator. On that poster, I used a smudge stick effect on a plain black background from the effect gallery panel. Once I was done, I wanted to export the file as a PNG file. Once  I finished saving it, I preview it, and I see this colored border surrounding the artwork. I decided to then remove the smudge stick effect from the black background. Once I saved and exported it, the color border is not there, and I realised this color border only occurs if I use a color background with an effect from the effect gallery. Could anyone explain why this happens? Here is an image for further details. Note that the images look different in terms of the borders and size.Graphoon 3.pngGraphoon 2.jpg

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 10, 2020 0

Have something to add?