An unknown error has occured, when saving v25.2 64-bit

Participant ,
Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to "Save As" a .ai file, from a .eps file, in Illustrator and got "An unknown error has occured" so created a new .ai file and pasted the content from the eps into that.  When I try to save, I get the same "An unknown error has occured" error.  No locked layers etc.

Basically can't save anything as a .ai.  What could be causing this and how do I fix it?
Running Illustrator 25.2 (64-bit) on Windows 10 Pro.

Thank you.

NJ

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you can't save when you paste the old content in it? Or you can't even save an empty new file?

Exactly where are you saving?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Participant ,
Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried creating a blank file and saving as .ai, and it worked.

So...pasted the content from the .eps file into this saved file, and save now works.

Perhaps this is a bug with the initial save option?

Will just have to remember to create, and save, a blank file first.

Thank you Monika.

NJ

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no bug with the saving.

Old files might have corrupted content in them which can cause a couple of things.

Glad you got it sorted.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines