• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anchor point alignment defaults to Align to Artboard when Align to Selection is chosen. (v 25.1)

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When editing an object, I can no longer use "align to selection" to horizontal align an anchor point to the center of the object. I will select the object, use direct select to select the anchor point, choose "align to selection" in the alignment dropdown (only align key object is greyed out and unselectable) and the alignment will still be selected as "align to selection" for half a second before switching back to "align to artboard." The point will then yeet itself to the center of my file.

I have several layers hidden and only two objects on the current layer. All other layers are locked. Quick fix is moving the entire object to the center of the artboard and then aligning the anchor point, but I'd prefer the function to....function rather than having to uncover 'quick fixes' for incredibly simple tasks.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm certainly no professional but I've been using Illustrator for nearly 5 years now. Could have sworn this worked a month ago.

Looking at the video I've attached, it's interesting to me that the dropdown menu doesn't show. It was visible to me during the recording, just not on the video. This is the first time I've had to record a video of illustrator, so I don't know if this is a setting for recording or not.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

That behaviour has been changed on user request.

When only one object is selected, then it's automatically set to align to the artboard.

Please post as a bug/feature here: http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That behaviour has been changed on user request.

When only one object is selected, then it's automatically set to align to the artboard.

Please post as a bug/feature here: http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines