• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animated zoom not working properly

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this problem for a very long time now and I usually fix it by restarting illustrator but that doesn't seem to be fixing it anymore. I enjoy having animated zoom on and I can't stand having a little box to use to zoom with. I go into my preferences and animated zoom is check marked yet I do not get the animated zoom. I try to restart it and nothing happens. It will change my zoom just at random times while I'm drawing and its gotten to the point where I can't have animated zoom at all and rendering me useless when it comes to drawing. I've heard if there's not enough space on your pc then it will not let you use animated zoom but I have plenty of free space. Can someone please help me get my animated zoom back?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which system?

Which version?

Which graphic card? I the driver up to date? Or has it recently been automatically updated?

How large is the file?

What's in the file?

Does that happen with all files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jesus christ you need his mothers maiden name and social security number too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting your Illustrator preference files?

To do so:

For Macintosh Users: With Illustrator closed launch a Finder Window in column view and click on your home folder. With the Option Key pressed choose Library from the Finder Go Menu. Within the Library folder find the following two files and delete them: “Adobe Illustrator <Version #> Settings” (earlier versions of Illustrator might just say “Adobe Illustrator”) and “com.adobe.Illustrator.plist”. When Illustrator is next launched it will create new preference files and the program will be restored to its defaults.

After you’ve reset up the program (make sure that no document window is open) to your liking, it is a really good idea to create copies of your personalized “mint” preference files (make sure that you quit the program before copying them—that finalizes your customization) and use them in the future to replace any corrupt versions you may need to delete.

For Windows Users: Hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift when launching Illustrator and respond affirmatively when asked if you want to reset.

Oftentimes, something that has worked in the past but is not working now can be restored by bringing Illustrator back to its defaults.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When resetting preferences a lot of settings get lost.

So I would try everything else before doing it. But that's just me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which is why in the instructions that I wrote, and use each time for recommending preference restoration, I have included the suggestion to create a copy of the preference file from when it is pristine to keep for future use. I fully recognize that, in this case, it may be a GPU issue since it is involved with animated zoom but the questioner seems to be saying that at one time the feature was working correctly but doesn’t now and that is the criteria under which I offered the recommendation.

Monika, I just want to say that in the just over two months since I was asked to participate in these forums I am astounded at the depth of your knowledge about Illustrator. Your retention of so many, sometimes obscure, characteristics about the features is amazing. For my own part, I have been working with Illustrator since 1989 (back when you couldn’t even work in Preview mode) and have been writing papers for the advertising agency I work at in New York about all of the upgrades that have come out over those years and have worked with it on a daily basis but still will find myself occasionally thinking OMG I had completely forgotten about that when I see one of your solutions.

I hope that I can be even a fraction as helpful in these forums as you have been.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Bill!

That DID worked and it didn't deleted my settings (I guess)...

However really make regular backup updates to your settings just in cases and do NOT rely on good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change preview on CPU to preview on GPU. Its on View> Preview on GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont have a "preview on gpu" option under view..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what version of AI are you using? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That really worked for me! Problem solved 🙂 Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me, thanks bud, you're a life saver 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When this happens to me I just save, close and re-open and it seems to fix it. Could never seem to find a straight answer.. I know exactly what you're talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines