• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

another new version and still no fix for the stroke issue reported almost a decade ago...

Participant ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why cant we put a gradient stroke along or accross the outside of the shape

chrisn50837302_0-1592333221241.png

i can put it inside and use offset path so it seems like this would be the easiest thing in the software to fix?

chrisn50837302_1-1592333362195.png

in my work i do this alot, so yes i have a workaround...but why cant it just be fixed? It started out as a bug i reported...now its just ignored.

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Offset path is a good workaround. If you're applying a gradient across a stroke and adding the offset path a lot, you could create a graphic style for it and apply that to your new shapes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not a great workaround as now if i decide to change the stroke size i also have to change the offset. Not to mention if i scale the object eveything gets out of whack. Its sad its easy to duplicate, obviously possible and has been reported for years as a bug...but adobe will not do anything about it. They even messaged me once and said it was fixed, but i tried and immediately reported back that it wasn't then never heard from them again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, so you can see i started reporting it back in 2013.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines