• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any news on migrating the Adobe Illustrator to Windows on ARM?

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I own a Windows Surface Pro X running Windows 10, and would like to see the whole Adobe suite migrated to ARM64 apps.  Specifically i miss Illustrator. When i bought the Surface in summer 2020 i could run the  2019 32 bit version throught x86 emulation, but for some reason this program is not running anymore. 

Are there any updates on when we can expect Adobe Illustrator ported to ARM64? 

TOPICS
Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. I purchased a Surface Pro X a year and a half ago thinking this was coming soon, but Illustrator still performs poorly to this day making me wish I'd never purchased the laptop. If this one app simply got ARM64 support it would be a huge benefit for many of us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree with you Speas. For me it ended with me selling the Surface Pro X and go back to Mac. I chose the Macbook Air M1 and are extremely happy with it. 

Apple hit the nail with their ARM Macbooks. Illustrator is emulated via Rosetta 2, but in my use it is not noticable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there any news to this problem? Or should I sell my surface Pro X and buy an Apple IPad and Mac Book?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines