• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any way to NOT add a used Swatch to the Swatches list?

Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My standard way to work is to have my pattern Swatch libraries open in various Panels, and I just click on the one I need when I need it. But Illustrator then adds that Swatch to the document's Swatch panel, which can make the document larger than it needs to be and slow down saving the file.

Is there any way to turn this off? I don't need any Swatches being auto-added to Panel.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

You cannot turn it off, but you can remove unused items using an action.

That will not remove the pattern swatch if you used it, but that will be saved in your file anyway.

Screenshot 2021-02-01 at 18.14.23.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to set up a New Doument Profile without the standard libraries and use that when you start a new document. Just start a new document, select Delete Unused Swatches from the Swatch panel flyout and save the file in your User folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You cannot turn it off, but you can remove unused items using an action.

That will not remove the pattern swatch if you used it, but that will be saved in your file anyway.

Screenshot 2021-02-01 at 18.14.23.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines