Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anything I save is pixelated!

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm pretty new in Adobe Illustrator but at the beginning everything I saved was perfect and now everything is pixelated. I tried looking up the problem but all the answers are really complicated and I honestly don't understand them. The illustration of the lips is from when it was saving them okay and the close up of the letters is how it is saving them now. I tried updating it and changing the size of the canvas. Any advice would be helpful. Screenshot 2020-05-30 at 18.57.02.pngScreenshot 2020-05-30 at 18.56.39.png

TOPICS
Draw and design , Performance , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

JPEG and PNG files are made of pixels. They can't contain vector information. They will always be pixellated to some degree.

PDF files can contain vector information. That's why you won't see pixels in them if you save files from Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Of course it looks pixelated at 600%.  Change magnification to 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which file format do you save?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried saving it in JPEG and PNG, I'd prefer it in PNG-24 and it alwys worked before. The only way to save it with good quality is if I save it as a PDF which is not really useful for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JPEG and PNG files are made of pixels. They can't contain vector information. They will always be pixellated to some degree.

PDF files can contain vector information. That's why you won't see pixels in them if you save files from Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know they are made out of pixels but it wasn't this bad before. The picture with the lips was saved as PNG-24. It does have some pixelation but it is not as bad as the second picture. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the dimensions of the pictures you are comparing in pixels?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first one is 5430 × 8000 and the second one is 1000x1000. I have tried making a new 5430 × 8000 illustration but it turned out like the second photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You understand that you are comparing an image containing many more pixels with one containing many less, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but what I am trying to tell you is that I have made many illustrations in different dimentions, saved them as PNG and it never turned out this bad. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the actual image you think is bad as it exported from Illustrator, rather than a screenshot of it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PEACH.png

This was the first one that was this pixelated. After I saved this one I have tried changing the dimentions and the format of other new illustrations but they all came out this bad. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks exactly as good as a 1000 x 1000 pixel image should look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, guess I have to change my tutor. I'll try to change dimentions of the file and start from scratch. Thanks for the help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Apart from the question, that Monika asked, could you please share the complete screen shot of Adobe Illustrator screen?

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-05-30 at 19.34.21.pngScreenshot 2020-05-30 at 19.28.46.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Of course it looks pixelated at 600%.  Change magnification to 100%.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines