Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I recently installed latest version of app and purchased subscription

When I try to open my work file

1. Message box with unknown error displayed

2. Then I try to select path made with brush from library 

3. app crashes.

I think it might be related with brushes library, because all logos with brushes from library look incorrect. I tried to uninstall app & install it again but nothing changed

Haha, I can't even attach  my .ai file, I've got message  "The contents of the attachment doesn't match its file type", but illustrator able to open it

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tryed to copy all content & paste it in new file. Completed with error s1.JPG

It means "Operation not completed because of unknown error"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing some more details like:

1. Version of OS and Ilustrator.

2. Is it happening with a specific file or all?

3. Are files saved on network or local drive?

4. Have you tried resetting preferences? If not, please try doing that. Follow instructions on help article 

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html#setting_illustrator_preferences 

***Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.
You may also upload the file on Creative Cloud (or any other cloud) and share the link here if that is not sensitive.

All this information will help us understand the issue better and work accordingly. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh!

1. Windows 10 home edition 64bit version 1909 build 18363.720, Illustrator version 24.1.1 64bit

2. It happens with one and only specific file

3. All files saved on OneDrive network disk. Everything is fine with all other files

4. Yes, I tried to reset prefs, but nothing happened

Regads, Dmitry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dmitry, thanks for providing all the details. Would you mind sharing the file with us if not sensitive? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (or any other cloud service you prefer) and share the link with us. We'll try our best to fix it. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ashutosh, please use this link to get my .ai file with errors

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgJGGnce4SXgpkRbtxsQhGFYfHdz?e=jDmPpZ

this is OneDrive cloud service

first you'll see error messages than click, for example, on first image in third row and Illustrator will crash

Best regards, Dmitry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines