Highlighted

Appearance change after scaling

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys i made an Illustration with the 3D Tool and saved it afterwards. Then i opened the file again a few days later, because i needed to scale it for the costumer and it looks totally different afterwards and can´t be undone. Are there any setting i could use or how do i can scale and keep the appearance as seen on the first immage? 

Greets how it should lookhow it should lookWTF?WTF?

Topics

Bug, Draw and design, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Appearance change after scaling

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys i made an Illustration with the 3D Tool and saved it afterwards. Then i opened the file again a few days later, because i needed to scale it for the costumer and it looks totally different afterwards and can´t be undone. Are there any setting i could use or how do i can scale and keep the appearance as seen on the first immage? 

Greets how it should lookhow it should lookWTF?WTF?

Topics

Bug, Draw and design, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you save it after you designed it in Illustrator.

In the name of the file I see SVG (and it is a CMYK document) and PDF, but no .ai

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saved it as PDF and as AI same result in the end... 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing you may check is if the Scale Strokes and Effects option is turned on or off (see Transform palette flyout menu).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checked it and as well was putting on transform template and obejct -> didn´t work as well 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try selecting the artwork and dragging it into the "Graphic Styles" panel. Then do your scaling, then reapply the graphic style you created.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makes the clicked part invisible 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the sample .ai file with the unscaled version of your object(s)?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it! it´s changing appearance. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
YTHO LATEST
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

object > change appearance 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines