• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apperance Panel - Strokes transposed not Angled. Help!!

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, I am needing some help with a project. I am trying to create a retro text but I cant get my strokes to angle up behind my main text? As you can see the stroke is staggered..

TOPICS
Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Denee,

To do it that ingenious way and have it appear smooth, you have to make a large (enough) number of copies with a small (enough) Move in the Transform Effect, to reduce the size of the stagger/step size, which is 1 mm now.

You will have steps, but the apparent smoothness at a given number/step size combination depends on the viewing distance/magnification used by the beholder.

You may also consider a fill that is slightly off the pure white, to set it apart from the white stroke to s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please embed screenshots in your posts - don't attach them..

Also it's not clear how you want this to look like.

ALso it's not clear which effects have been used and wwhich options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 6.45.21 PM.png

So this is what I have. In the Appearence pannel I added 4 strokes. The first stroke I made white. The second stroke I made grey and then clicked on effects - distort and transform - and used these settings....

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 9.56.13 AM.png

I then added the Fill of white and it turned out like this.. as you can see on the edge of the letter the grey area is staggered.

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 9.58.23 AM.png

Long story short I am wanting the final outcome to look like this..

IMG_9944.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Denee,

To do it that ingenious way and have it appear smooth, you have to make a large (enough) number of copies with a small (enough) Move in the Transform Effect, to reduce the size of the stagger/step size, which is 1 mm now.

You will have steps, but the apparent smoothness at a given number/step size combination depends on the viewing distance/magnification used by the beholder.

You may also consider a fill that is slightly off the pure white, to set it apart from the white stroke to strengthen the appearance of depth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome thank you so much 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome, Denee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines