• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Applescript – current document doesn’t understand the “export” message after update to 25.1

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My script was working fine with Illustrator 2020, but I just updated to Illustrator 2021 (25.1) and my applescript has broken. I get an error saying "Adobe Illustrator got an error: current document doesn’t understand the “export” message." on a basic export command:

export current document to file newFile as PNG24 with options {class:PNG24 export options, antialiasing:true, horizontal scaling:scalingFactor, vertical scaling:scalingFactor, artboard clipping:true, saving as HTML:false}

Export is a pretty fundamental command that I'm sure many other scripts are dependant on as well. Is there any workaround?

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Hi there,

Apologies for the delayed response. This issue has been fixed in upcoming release. You may also use the beta build 25.2 as suggested in this Illustrator UserVoice post(https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/42411133--applescript-do-javascript-command-no-longer-work).

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Apologies for the delayed response. This issue has been fixed in upcoming release. You may also use the beta build 25.2 as suggested in this Illustrator UserVoice post(https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/42411133--apple...).

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines