• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Applying Golen Ratio to Logo

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am new to graphic design and I hear created this logo for NT Realty but something about it just seems off. I wanted to refine it by using the golden ratio - do you have recommendations on how to do that...

Ps: not sure if this is the right forum to do this in.

IMG-20210414-WA0001.jpg

 

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just forget the Golden Ratio. It's snake oil.

Just make good design (which has got nothing todo with the Golden Ratio in the first place)

https://www.fastcompany.com/3044877/the-golden-ratio-designs-biggest-myth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing to do with the golden ratio. Your proportions and angles are simply terrible. The door is too small, the gaps between the design elements unbalanced and the implied directions of the lines are fighting each other and are way too obviously just 90 and 60 degree angles. That and the way too large graphic is killing the text, which in itself has poor kerning and alignment. This logo is simply unusable and you need to start from scratch.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the candid feedback, I truly appreciate it and totally
agree... do you think the concept is just as garbage as its execution? Or
more so the latter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I like the idea... but unfortunately, it does not work well.

I know you are trying to create the N & T... alas it strains one eye to look at.

Now, theoretically, could make the top black too and then the windows white.  Now, if you keep the break in the middle you still get the idea of a N kind of, sort of.  Maybe not the T though.

I do have a cool piece of advice.  Adobe has a huge community on Discord on the Adobe Creative Career server.

https://discord.gg/eMTTzhbN

They also have server for Photoshop, Premiere, Xd and Illustrator as well.

There you can share your work and get feedback!  It is super awesome. Now, if you have not used Discord... then it will take you a couple of minutes to understand it.  In a way it works similar to old computer forums with nested comments under each section.  However.... they do have live chats, workshops and lectures.

I would totally join it if I were you!!! Example they had Chris Do as a speaker a month or so ago!  It was brilliant!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines