Appyling an envelope distort to a clipping mask?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to apply an envelope distort effect to a clipping mask ( of a jpeg image) and I will not let me.

What am I doing wrong. 

I have tried to expand the clipping mask and I have tried to do it in isolation mode. None of these work. 

Each time it just comes up saying it contains objects that cannot be distorted but I have seen someone else do this succesfully on their illustrator so what is different about mine? 

TOPICS
Draw and design, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Explorer , Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021
You have two options,1. Once you imported the image, 'embed' it first, then go to 'Layers', select name <image> in the same layer by collapsing the layer name arrow down, then try the envelope distort, it will work. (This option will provide an accurate result for envelope distort than making clipping mask) *see attached2. If you are clipping masked the images already, then embed it by going in the isolation mode, them exit isolation, and Distort it ( the difference between the two methods are a...

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have two options,

1. Once you imported the image, 'embed' it first, then go to 'Layers', select name <image> in the same layer by collapsing the layer name arrow down, then try the envelope distort, it will work. (This option will provide an accurate result for envelope distort than making clipping mask) *see attached

2. If you are clipping masked the images already, then embed it by going in the isolation mode, them exit isolation, and Distort it ( the difference between the two methods are attached)

Envelope Distort on images.JPG

So I suggest you crop the image and do the distortion than clipping mask it.

I hope this is helpful.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines