Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are outlines of weapons copyrighted?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, 

i want to print the outline of e.g. an AK47 on a T-shirt and sell it online. 

Do i have to fear any legal consequences?

Thank you in advance 🙂

TOPICS
Draw and design , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

I mean tracing of any copyrighted image or any image that does not belong to you is to some extent THEFT.  Even turning a photo into a vector graphic and claiming the vector graphic as your own is not really nice to do either.

My suggestion would be to use a reference image, but draw it in your own style.  Do not trace it 100%. 

I can say if you do a tracing of a photo of a gun, most likely you will not get busted.  But that does not mean it is right to do. 

Tracing a graphic someone else

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean tracing of any copyrighted image or any image that does not belong to you is to some extent THEFT.  Even turning a photo into a vector graphic and claiming the vector graphic as your own is not really nice to do either.

My suggestion would be to use a reference image, but draw it in your own style.  Do not trace it 100%. 

I can say if you do a tracing of a photo of a gun, most likely you will not get busted.  But that does not mean it is right to do. 

Tracing a graphic someone else did or 3D rendering and saying you did it by yourself also not cool.

My suggestion would be to use a reference photo.  Start with basic shapes and practice drawing your own gun.  If you do this a few times a week you will be able to draw them in no time on your own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines