Highlighted

Arrow Key Adjustments

Contributor ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

G'Day. Back with an ongoing issue. When I'm dragging out a star, polygon, grid, etc. where you can modify the number of points, sides, divisions, etc. by hitting the up or down arrow, I'm getting way too much of a change for each tap of the key. For example, if I'm drawing out a star and I hit the up arrow key, I should get one extra point. Instead I get 4 or 5. Now if you hold the arrow key down, it will continue to apply the extra point (whatever), but I can't stop it at just one because I'm not fast enough on the keyboard. It's like the arrow keys are on steroids. Here's the thing though - this is only happening when I use the Wacom Pro Pen 2 on my Cintiq 24 Pro. If I drag out a star, etc. using my trackpad, it works fine. I'm inclined to think this is a Wacom thing to be honest, or I'd be seeing this issue in a lot of places, but I can't find anyone else with this problem. I have done a full, manual uninstall of the Wacom Drivers and then a reinstall with the latest version but that didn't help (that wasn't a fun experience!). So I'm hoping that someone here might have some suggestions that I could try. I did do a search for similar issues here and I did try adjusting the keyboard increment value to something much smaller but that made no difference. Anyway, hope someone might have an idea. Thanks.

iMac 27 i7 5K 32GB RAM, Mac OSx 10.15.4, >2TB free space on the Fusion Drive

Illustrator v24.1.2

Wacom Cintiq 24 Pro, Pro Pen 2

Glenn

Glenn (Rain Lake Graphics)
TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Arrow Key Adjustments

Contributor ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

G'Day. Back with an ongoing issue. When I'm dragging out a star, polygon, grid, etc. where you can modify the number of points, sides, divisions, etc. by hitting the up or down arrow, I'm getting way too much of a change for each tap of the key. For example, if I'm drawing out a star and I hit the up arrow key, I should get one extra point. Instead I get 4 or 5. Now if you hold the arrow key down, it will continue to apply the extra point (whatever), but I can't stop it at just one because I'm not fast enough on the keyboard. It's like the arrow keys are on steroids. Here's the thing though - this is only happening when I use the Wacom Pro Pen 2 on my Cintiq 24 Pro. If I drag out a star, etc. using my trackpad, it works fine. I'm inclined to think this is a Wacom thing to be honest, or I'd be seeing this issue in a lot of places, but I can't find anyone else with this problem. I have done a full, manual uninstall of the Wacom Drivers and then a reinstall with the latest version but that didn't help (that wasn't a fun experience!). So I'm hoping that someone here might have some suggestions that I could try. I did do a search for similar issues here and I did try adjusting the keyboard increment value to something much smaller but that made no difference. Anyway, hope someone might have an idea. Thanks.

iMac 27 i7 5K 32GB RAM, Mac OSx 10.15.4, >2TB free space on the Fusion Drive

Illustrator v24.1.2

Wacom Cintiq 24 Pro, Pro Pen 2

Glenn

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this doesn't happen when the Wacom is not connected?

I remember this being an issue some years ago.

What does Wacom say? Did you also try and rebuild the Wacom preferences?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2020 0
Contributor ,
May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It probably doesn't as I'd have to use the TrackPad then. Regardless whether it's connected or not, if I use the trackpad then it works normally. It's only when I'm using the stylus that I see this. I have been in contact with Wacom in the interim and they have been able to reproduce this (although they never said that specifically) and have advised me they are working with Adobe now to try and fix the issue. I did rebuild the Wacom Preferences, and I manually uninstalled their drivers (so as to make sure everything was removed) then reinstalled them. None of that helped. Anyway, I've left it with them but if I need to draw a shape object that can have points added or removed on the fly, I either do it with the trackpad or I click to bring up the dialogue box, adjust my points then draw a new shape out from there. It likely is in the Wacom Drivers, but if it is, it's been in there for a long time as prior to this I had very old drivers in and I had the same issue with them. I also see the same behaviour on my MacBook Air 2 and Cintiq 13, so it's not my installation or a specific computer/tablet. If I ever hear anything back about it, I'll be sure to post here so others might find have the solution as well, but to be honest, nobody seems to be reporting it (that I know of at least) so either they are just working around it or don't use that function enough to worry about. That said, I've talked to at least one other professional who has noticed this issue as well. 

Thanks for replying Monika.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I believe it is an ongoing issue that I for one just work around by reverting to my trackpad when I know I am going to be doing specific tasks that do not seem to play nicely with the Wacom and have yet to be fixed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2020 0
Contributor ,
May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok good to know. I don't have a lot of hope it will be fixed. Since it does seem like others have seen it, I'm sure it's been reported before and as I say, it's been an issue for quite a long time. If I do hear back though, I will post here to let people know there is a fix (or they can't fix it, whichever). Thanks for letting me know.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2020 0