Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Art Board Numbering still a nightmare

Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This goes back to a post from another user 11(!) years ago. He then wrote:

I'm currently working on a project which involves over 16 artboards in the same document, though when i want to change the order of the artboards [for saving as a PDF] i have to move all my artboards content to new artboard, etc.etc.

This is really annoying, especially when i want to insert a new artboard between some excisting ones.

So is it possible to somehow change the order of the artboards, or they numbers [basically the same]?

And still, 11 years later there is no answer to this. Artboards only are numbered in CHRONICAL order (i.e the TIME when I created the artboards. Why???) So when you move the artboard order for saving (as described) to PDF only the CHRONICAL order is considered. Why is there no way to SWITCH to an order where the ACTUAL ORDER ON MY CANVAS is taken into account? PLEASEEEEEEEEE!!!

(Yes, I know I can change the artboard numbering manually in the artboard palette but have you ever changed a huge document that way? And no, this is not a job that woud be better done in InDesign as a have a lot of vector-data that need to be handled in illustrator.)

Regards

Jürgen, Berlin

TOPICS
Draw and design , Feature request , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is 95% other users.

You simply are not talking to the developers in the forum.

Please post bugs & feature requests to http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aha. Thanks for letting me know. But why then is there a button for „feature request“ if non of the Adobe people is not reading it anyway?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't set up this forum or administrate it. I'm not even a moderator. I don't know.

I'm just telling you how to reach them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines