Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artboard different size when saved as PDF from Illustrator Creative Cloud

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there

I've created a back drop the size 1020x2100mm for print. 

The artboard is exactly this size.

When I save the file as a PDF and view it in Adobe Acrobat the file size is bigger at 1253mm x 2333mm. Does anyone know what this is all about and why this happens?

I have tried to find a solution and all I can find is the preferences in Adobe Acrobat should be the same page display as illustrator  - which mine is - 300dpi.

• Attached is the panel I refer to;
  • An image of the artboard settings in illustrator;
  • An image of the file saved settings.

Thank you so much

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Print and publish , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

It looks like you are adding marks when saving your PDF, this will increase the size of your PDF and is to be expected. In Acrobat, you can use the Output Preview tool (Tools> Print Production> Output Preview) to show the invisible art, trim & bleed boxes, your trim box size should match the Illustrator Artboard size. To see your trim size in Acrobat, click on Set Page Boxes on the Output Preview tool and select Apply to Trim box, the trim size will appear in the preview window.

PDF size.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you are adding marks when saving your PDF, this will increase the size of your PDF and is to be expected. In Acrobat, you can use the Output Preview tool (Tools> Print Production> Output Preview) to show the invisible art, trim & bleed boxes, your trim box size should match the Illustrator Artboard size. To see your trim size in Acrobat, click on Set Page Boxes on the Output Preview tool and select Apply to Trim box, the trim size will appear in the preview window.

PDF size.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey thanks Luke.  Very helpful and informative.  I really appreciate your guidance.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines