• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

artboard jumping across screen in AI. HELP!!!

Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please help!!!!!

I am a graphic designer.

I have just bought a new iMAC 27" with 40GB RAM installed.

In illustrator, my screen moves (jumps).  for example. I can simply tap and element the artboard and the whole artboard will jump across the screen in sort of 1mm increments.  It doesnt matter how large or small the file is, and this jumping can sometimes last over a minute.  It will stop - I'll click on another element on screen and that will set it off again!  

Everything is up to date regarding updates.

I use a WACOM Intuos.

I've attached a quick video a recorded on my phone of my screen by way of explanation.

Thanks

CJ

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

I FIXED IT!!!!  I FIXED IT!!!!!

woooooohooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

So.  In Wacom system preferences, there is a touch option.  Who needs a flippin touch option????!!!  ANYWAY when I draw or move objects or select elements, I obviously touch the pad with part of my hand and this was confusing the hell out of my wacom.  So, disabled this and all is working. Happy days!!!  I really was losing my mind over it!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, does this problem only occur when you are working with the Wacom Intuos? Or does it also occur when you use the mouse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I dont use a mouse at all due to an injury, so I dont know!  But my wacon is always plugged in.  I've just redownloaded the driver with no success in fixing this - and I'm trying to exhaust all avenues before spending 200 quid on a new tablet... if it even is the tablet!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tablet unplugged!  I'll see what happens...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, is there any news?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its better without the tablet.  Its still not perfect, but is better...  So currently using wacom for photoshop and mouse for illustrator!  I upgraded to 10.15.7 last night as that was supposed to fix some graphic card issues... so we will see... its illustrator this afternoon!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi did you solve the jumping issue? I started having the same problem like a week ago, before that it never happened, I have a 2020 Mac Book Pro and an intuos pro. I also thought it was the tablet and did the same as you reinstalled everything, but to no avail, it´s driving me crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - no!!

I continued using my mouse for illustrator, but there is still a slight jump there - but nothing as extreme as the wacom.  I need to spend 200 quid on a new tablet - but have been reluctant to do so as there is a slight jump with the mouse - and it may not fix it!! I cannot find anywhere any info about fixes - and the upgrade to 10.15.7 didnt change anything!   Totally stumped!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gosh,  I cant use a mouse to draw....this also happened with my prior Mac, I thought it wa some kind of RAM issue, then I bought a new one a few months ago and  everything went perfect until some days ago. It cant be a RAM issue as it happens with the simplest files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, drawing with a mouse is an absolute nightmare!!

I bought an extra 128 RAM.  Didnt do anything at all, and like you say, it is the smallest files.  I've had my wacom plugged into all the USB slots just in case - but I have to keep the wacom unplugged - not just not using it.

how old is yout intuos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a medium sized wacom intuos pro, I bought around 2016...maybe it ran old??? I also have a small sized wacom intuos Draw which is newer, I just use it when I travel or as a second tablet, I will make a try with it to see if it´s a problem with my Intuos Pro. Detective work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll be interested to know.

I think my intuos is the same - prob a little older than yours - say 2013.  Maybe it's time to treat myself to a new one?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you had any success?  I spoke to Wacom this morning and they said it was an adobe glitch which they were working on - rather than a compatibility issue... saves me buying a new tablet and I'll just have to deal with it until its fixed.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi it suddenly sopped doing it...Im totally clueless.....it was truly driving me crazy. Maybe something updated and fixed the bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I FIXED IT!!!!  I FIXED IT!!!!!

woooooohooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

So.  In Wacom system preferences, there is a touch option.  Who needs a flippin touch option????!!!  ANYWAY when I draw or move objects or select elements, I obviously touch the pad with part of my hand and this was confusing the hell out of my wacom.  So, disabled this and all is working. Happy days!!!  I really was losing my mind over it!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines