artboard jumping across screen in AI. HELP!!!

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please help!!!!!

I am a graphic designer.

I have just bought a new iMAC 27" with 40GB RAM installed.

In illustrator, my screen moves (jumps).  for example. I can simply tap and element the artboard and the whole artboard will jump across the screen in sort of 1mm increments.  It doesnt matter how large or small the file is, and this jumping can sometimes last over a minute.  It will stop - I'll click on another element on screen and that will set it off again!  

Everything is up to date regarding updates.

I use a WACOM Intuos.

I've attached a quick video a recorded on my phone of my screen by way of explanation.

Thanks

CJ

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, does this problem only occur when you are working with the Wacom Intuos? Or does it also occur when you use the mouse?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I dont use a mouse at all due to an injury, so I dont know!  But my wacon is always plugged in.  I've just redownloaded the driver with no success in fixing this - and I'm trying to exhaust all avenues before spending 200 quid on a new tablet... if it even is the tablet!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tablet unplugged!  I'll see what happens...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, is there any news?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its better without the tablet.  Its still not perfect, but is better...  So currently using wacom for photoshop and mouse for illustrator!  I upgraded to 10.15.7 last night as that was supposed to fix some graphic card issues... so we will see... its illustrator this afternoon!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi did you solve the jumping issue? I started having the same problem like a week ago, before that it never happened, I have a 2020 Mac Book Pro and an intuos pro. I also thought it was the tablet and did the same as you reinstalled everything, but to no avail, it´s driving me crazy!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines