Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artboard name not showing correct in Illustrator

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I bought a new computer [in Japan], since then, the name of my artboard in illustrator doesn't display properly despite I can see their names in the dialog box. 

illustrator-artboard-problem.jpg

 Do you have any idea what could cause this issue? 

Thank you in advance!

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I hope your issue is resolved now. Would you mind sharing the solution with us? It'll help other users with similar concern.

If you still have issues, you may try resetting preferences.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Let us know if you need further assi

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

This fixed it for me. Go into Font Book and do a Restore Standard Fonts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is a Japanese system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.
I bought the computer in a Japanese apple store, the keyboard is Japanese, but I installed the OS in English. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be missing Japanese fonts. If you didn't install the system correctly, there might be some confusion. And then some additional confusion with the installation of Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I hope your issue is resolved now. Would you mind sharing the solution with us? It'll help other users with similar concern.

If you still have issues, you may try resetting preferences.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I would like to know if the steps suggested above worked for you, or the issue still persists.
Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it.

Thanks,
Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same problem. It started happening suddenly, previously it was working fine.

I have tried resetting preferences and restarting the application but it does not work.

It could have been illustrator being unable to read the font in the computer. But its weird that it only applies to the artboard label font. Is there a way to manually reset or change the artboard label font?

Thanks in advance!

Screenshot 2020-10-30 at 10.38.46 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AI requires the 4 faces of the Verdana font (regular, bold, italic and bold italic) and 2 faces of the Tahoma font (regular and bold) to be properly installed and active for everything to work correctly. Is this the case for your installation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I do have these fonts installed and I can use them as seen in the screenshot! But as you can see, the artboard name is still displaying question marks.

Screenshot 2020-11-04 at 11.32.26 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue... tried resseting prefrences... it does not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed it for me. Go into Font Book and do a Restore Standard Fonts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! @cybegeek That worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines