• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artboard Rotation while using touchpad for zoom in Illustrator 25.3

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, recently I faced a new problem. When I use the trackpad for zoom-in/out the artboard keeps rotating. I don't know how can I fix this problem.Screenshot 2021-06-12 at 23.27.43.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Thanks @Monika Gause 

@Amir Mahdi Moslehi you can also use Esc. key to reset the unintended rotation of canvas.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Hi all,

Sorry about the trouble this feature has caused. We are working on the feedback shared by all of you and will be sharing all the updates related to this issue on our UserVoice page ( https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/43637925-canvas-rotation-feature-is-obstructing-regular-pin ).

Till the time it is fixed, please try one of the workarounds already shared on this post, i.e.:

• Press the Esc key.
  • Double click the Rotate View tool.
  • Press

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Anyone reading this today may be glad to know that updating to Illustrator 25.4 introduces this option in preferences:

Screenshot 2021-07-27 164829.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Hi all, 

We have tried to address this issue in our latest release. Update 25.4.1 is live for all the countries. Please update Illustrator to the latest version to get access to this option (Trackpad Gesture to Rotate View).

SrishtiBali_0-1628011831408.png

Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future, we'd be happy to help.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Hi I solved this problem by going to macbook System Preferences> Track Pad >Scroll and Zoom > Rotate and uncheck rotate with two fingers .

Hope this helps if there isn't already another solution that i have missed. 

Jo 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 168 Replies 168
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too, it's infuriating. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone reading this today may be glad to know that updating to Illustrator 25.4 introduces this option in preferences:

Screenshot 2021-07-27 164829.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this update live? My CC library is telling me I'm all the way up to day but I'm still on 25.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's available in my region (UK), but updates are rolled out in different regions at different times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!! drove me nuts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank God finally!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its horrible!  i use a wacom tablet - and tried to turn everything from illustrator off.  so my fix was to set up a key command - that rotates the board back to 0°.  so far - i have found this to be the best and quickest way to deal with this annoyance. i work in a fast paced company - there is no time for this kind of malfunction ...occcurs about 100 times in a day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, so they've added a preference setting now, should be able to see it one of the comments 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

We have tried to address this issue in our latest release. Update 25.4.1 is live for all the countries. Please update Illustrator to the latest version to get access to this option (Trackpad Gesture to Rotate View).

SrishtiBali_0-1628011831408.png

Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future, we'd be happy to help.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update finally showed up for me today. Don't know why it took so long.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

How can I rotate my arboard back to 0º? There's no option in the artboard options to adjust artboard angle. My space is stuck at 10º and the new update only allows for disabling the feature, no option for adjusting angle!!! Please help ASAP. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! This has been driving me insane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I HATE THIS ROTATE VIEW. DISABLE NOW ADOBE IT SUCKS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a snapshot to show everyone where to turn this stupid feature off:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

You can go to View/Reset Rotate View or View/Rotate View/0

Screenshot 2021-08-17 at 15.35.11.png

If this is very annoying like it was for me, you can deactivate the rotate option for the trackpad Illustrator/Preferences/General

Screenshot 2021-08-17 at 15.33.23.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do not implement an uncommon feature as default that messes with learned Illustrator user behaviour again. It´s very annoying to have to spend hours searching for the answer to remove a feature I will never use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok i've turned it off. how do i reset back to 0?? this sucks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @default9tz0yrhlbq0l,

Sorry about the trouble. You may press the Esc key or Press Cmd + Shift+1 (Mac) or Ctrl+Shift+1 (Windows).

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey - any updates on how to disable this feature? It's very intrusive to my workflow. There's no way to rotate it back to 0 degrees. This feature should be triggered by a hot key, not by using trackpad.

Adobe please fix this ASAP. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn´t agree more! Reset it in the bottom left corner. However you will need to do this EVERY time it happens, but at least you can keep on working.

kajsaP_0-1630045757426.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the latest update - version 25.4.1 - you can turn this off in the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Except I can´t. I have the latest update and it doesn´t matter if I turn it off- it just keeps bouncing back...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @kajsa P,

Sorry about the trouble. Could you please confirm the exact version installed on your device and does resetting Illustrator Preferences ( https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) help resolve the issue?
Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul, I do have the correct version  ( 25.4.1) and it keeps happening even if I check/ uncheck/ check again. I cannot afford the time to change all my settings with customer deadlines right now so I just keep correcting the view to 0 degrees everytime it happens. Im honestly just hoping it´ll work out in the next version.

However I´ve started to use a regular keyboard recently as well and this feature is STILL interfering with my workflow. When multiselecting several objects or anchorpoints ( holding shift) and trying to use the handtool ( space)  to scroll at the same time to get all points and objects I also accidently manage to rotate the view. I just can´t seem to avoid this feature. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the details and elaborating on your issue. In your case, this preference will not have any affect as your issue is not related to the touchpad. This is a workflow issue; as you mentioned below, you can leave the spacebar and keep on selecting anchors with the Shift key. This is expected behavior. I would suggest if you could also post it here (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/) as this is the best way of communicating with the Product team regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases. This way, you will keep getting all the updates related to this request, and other users can also upvote, which would help us prioritize.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines