• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artboards > Fit to Artwork Bounds missing the mark

Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lucee/CF app generates SVG XML, which imports beautifully into Illustrator 24.3. The raw SVG document dimensions are 5x final size, so after going through a meticulous manual editing step, all of the artwork is selected and scaled uniformly 20% prior to saving as an Illustrator doc. In order to precisely redefine the dimensions of the artboard in this scaling operation (and thus, the precise bounds of the artwork when placing it into the final InDesign production document), my app-generated SVG document includes a single <rect> element with attributes that position and size it to the exact bounds of the SVG document. This rectangle is included in the selection of all of the other art when scaling to 20%, and then "Fit to Artwork Bounds" is used to reset the artboard dimensions to exactly that outer rectangle. Unfortunately, Illustrator appears to be missing the mark on the bottom bounds of that rectangle. Top and sides are perfect, but the bottom of the newly-dimensioned artboard is slightly below the rectangle's bottom. There are no other objects overspanning that rectangle. The attached image shows the scaled document and artboard after fitting, with all objects selected. Should I go ahead and report this as a bug?

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

I suppose I should note that, after posting the above, I tried the other option "Fit to Selected Art", with just that outer rectangle object selected, and the artboard re-dimensioned itself to precisely that rectangle, with no misses. So, that's the option that will work for me in my project. But I am guessing that I should probably still report the "Fit to Artwork Bounds" bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suppose I should note that, after posting the above, I tried the other option "Fit to Selected Art", with just that outer rectangle object selected, and the artboard re-dimensioned itself to precisely that rectangle, with no misses. So, that's the option that will work for me in my project. But I am guessing that I should probably still report the "Fit to Artwork Bounds" bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines