• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artboards name disappear after renaming

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem, like posted here: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/32975767-artboards-name...

After renaming artboard, saving, closing document and then opening it, artboard again named Artboard [x], and number after word "Artboard" increments by 1 after every saving-closing-opening procedure.

AI 24.3 (64 bit), Win 10 Pro 2004 (19041.508) x64, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz, 16.0 Gb RAM

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

I think I found the reason: this happens with files, that created in older versions of illustrator, like CS4 (14.0) and then, opened and saved in newer versions, like 23.0. When I open this type of document, rename artboard, and just select "File>Save", then close and reopen it, artboard named Artboard [n + 1]. Then I rename artboard again and choose "File>Save as..", select "Illustrator 2020", the newest version, close file and then reopen it, the artboard given name saves as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I found the reason: this happens with files, that created in older versions of illustrator, like CS4 (14.0) and then, opened and saved in newer versions, like 23.0. When I open this type of document, rename artboard, and just select "File>Save", then close and reopen it, artboard named Artboard [n + 1]. Then I rename artboard again and choose "File>Save as..", select "Illustrator 2020", the newest version, close file and then reopen it, the artboard given name saves as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines