Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artwork splits into grids when pasted into InDesign

Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so this is the first time this problem has occurred and I don't know why Illustrator is doing this. As normal, I've created a simple icon to paste into InDesign to go along with text, and somehow there it splits into these weird grids that suddenly make up my artwork. And using shift to resize the icon turns into image 2. Has anyone had this problem before and can help me sort it? I don't know what I am doing wrong...

Thanks

Screen Shot 2018-08-31 at 13.04.26.png

Image 1

Screen Shot 2018-08-31 at 13.07.13.png

Image 2

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

What fill are you using in the object before you paste it? (it almost appears as if there is a pattern type break-up occurring?)

Does the same occur when you use a default white fill, black stroke and copy and paste across?

To be honest I've never been a fan of copy and pasting artwork from Illustrator into InDesign.

I'd recommend saving the Illustrator file as .AI and placing that in InDesign  (File > Place) instead to avoid any of the issues you are seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What fill are you using in the object before you paste it? (it almost appears as if there is a pattern type break-up occurring?)

Does the same occur when you use a default white fill, black stroke and copy and paste across?

To be honest I've never been a fan of copy and pasting artwork from Illustrator into InDesign.

I'd recommend saving the Illustrator file as .AI and placing that in InDesign  (File > Place) instead to avoid any of the issues you are seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I double checked it and apparently my swatch was a pattern. Was able to solve the problem now. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines