Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Asset Export: Single Asset export not including all graphics in asset

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I have an group of paths (2 words (broken out to outlines), 1 icon) forming a logo. 

When I either Group them and drag them into the Asset Export Panel, or Right click and export as Single Asset, the thumbnail looks great in the panel.  (white logo, black background).   

When I export as a JPG or PNG,  It exports the black ground, but with only 3 of the 14 paths visable....    (files attached).     (I don't know if it's deleting the missing elements, or simply re-ordering them behind the black box).   

When I export the same Single Asset as a PDF...  it works...    

Asset Export works in other files, so there is something about this set of assets that is making it do it...   but what??? 

thanks! 

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the first word a Compound Path? Does it change if you make lt one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good call!   The visable word (PRO) are Compound Paths.  The rest are just Paths.    I created PRO using the Create Outlines feature.   Can't remember how I did the rest... but now I will take a look at that..      Thanks!  (I did a test with a new word converted the same way and it shows up too.  So we are on the right path.... or is it compound path... 😄

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check (with the disappearing objects selected) in the Attributes panel if Overprint is active?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.      Overprint Fill is selected.       (and there is a ! beside it....)   (I don't know what that means, but am I to guess that this is bad)      Tested and yes... bad. 🙂     When I turn it off,  It works!     (I will do more research to learn what that means... but for now, we are good!    Thanks so much to you and Larry.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case of white (paper color) it is bad.

If you want to know more about Overprint:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/overprinting.html

and white overprint:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/white-overprint.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another thanks for Ton Frederiks. White logo elements were disappearing when exporting to PNG. Sure enough, they were set to Overprint Fill. Clicked the box "Off," and the white elements correctly export. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines