Highlighted

Assets loaded into CC libraries shows fine in InDesign but not in Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry hard to describe. When I drag an asset into any of my cc libraries its 50/50 in illustrator if a preview of the asset will show or it will just show four squares rotating as if its trying to load the asset.

Its there, I can see it in indesign but in illustrator it does not show until I quit and reload illustrator. Its not the end of the world, but an annoying bug never the less.

{Renamed by MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Assets loaded into CC libraries shows fine in InDesign but not in Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry hard to describe. When I drag an asset into any of my cc libraries its 50/50 in illustrator if a preview of the asset will show or it will just show four squares rotating as if its trying to load the asset.

Its there, I can see it in indesign but in illustrator it does not show until I quit and reload illustrator. Its not the end of the world, but an annoying bug never the less.

{Renamed by MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if resetting the preferences in this case can help or if you need to do something about the Cloud folders.

To try the preferences, you could rename the folder. In case it doesn't help, name it back.

The procedure is described in here: How to set preferences in Illustrator

If it doesn't help, please post this to the CC forum: Adobe Creative Cloud

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gareth,

As per your query, the same asset shows fine in InDesign but not in Illustrator. That's definitely shouldn't be happening. In case, the suggestions shared by Monika doesn't work, would you mind sharing a few more details like:

• OS (exact version of Windows/ MAC)
  • Version of Illustrator
  • Screenshots of Library panel in both InDesign and Illustrator.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I have the same problem, although the opposite way around. When I drag a graphic into a cc library in Indesign, the thumbnail just shows up as 4 rotating squares,  then if I drag the asset back onto the page, I get the asset as it should be - so it seems the problem is with the thumnail... it just shows four animated squares until I quit Indesign and reopen - then the proper thumbnail of the asset will be present.

Any Assets added to libraries in Illustrator are 100% fine, and the thumbnails even show up correctly if I switch over and view the library in Indesign...

This problem is extremely annoying and persistent. I spoke to a adobe tech person for over an hour a few months back, but nothing was fixed, the problem has persisted. I have cleaned the entire creative cloud off my computer using the cc cleaner tool (but there is always one thing left on the list that can't be cleaned - fix host file) and I have reinstalled everything. I have deleted the host files manually by going to: /etc. I've tried various methods that have been mentioned on google, but to no avail...the problem continues. The Tech support couldn't fix it, and there have been many updates to the apps since the problem first happened, none of which have made any difference.

If anyone has any light to shine on this problem it would be great as it drives me crazy!

I will include some screen shots:

Screenshot 2020-05-08 at 19.49.23.png

Indesign screenshot above shows a simple circle that I have dragged into a new library on the right (Artwork 1) These animated squares will now just stay like that, and not show the thumbnail of the circle - it will only show the thumbnail of the circle once I have quit Indesign and reopened it.

Screenshot 2020-05-08 at 19.53.05.png

Today I have used the CC Cleaner to try and solve the issue (it didn't work) once I had cleaned everything the 'fix Host File' that is highlighted in blue on the screenshot remained (everything else was gone) - I couldn't get rid of it...I'm not sure if this is anything to do with the problem or whether it is something else entirely..

And the OSX I'm running:

Screenshot 2020-05-08 at 19.56.04.png

Kind Regards

Carla

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines