Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Assign keyboard shortcut 'Layer Menu>Unlock All Layers'

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

How do I assign a keyboard shortcut to that command Layer Menu>Unlock All Layers? I couldn't find it in Edit Menu and I'm not referring to the Unlock all objects (ALT+CTRL+2).

This pertains specifically to Layers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

You can record an action that includes the Unlock All Layers command. Then you can assign a shortcut to the action.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Option / Alt + Click one of Lock the icons is the only way I know.

The same shortcut works for visibility when you use it on the eye icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the helpful tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can record an action that includes the Unlock All Layers command. Then you can assign a shortcut to the action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On what main or flyout menu is the Unlock All Layers command? Where is it listed in the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog?

Or are we  referring to the (I think unnamed) option-click a layer's lock icon in the Layers panel (which is also command-click, at least in CC 2017)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is located in the Flyout menu of the Layers palette as soon as at least one layer is locked.

It is not listed in the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog. Therefore the workaround to use an action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. A "contextual" fly out menu item. I've never seen it before. Of course, this probably has something to do with my never having looked before.

Thanks as always, Kurt. You are indeed a true master.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification and tip (sometimes the most obvious answer just eludes me... haha)

I try to look for non-Actions workaround because I have to stretch my hand away from the cluster of 'ASDF' keyboard area since Actions require function keys, but it's something I can work with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nice app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

command + /

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines