• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Astute plugins not appearing in Illustrator

Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running a trial of Illustrator (latest version) and I've installed Phantasm  and it doesn't seem to appear anywhere. As I understand it is supposed to show up in the Effect menu? Can anyone tell me why this might be?

thanks

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

As I said: it doesn't seem to affect Windows.

As for the non-working plugins: have you already contacted Astute Graphics? They might know a trick or two to get it working.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried restarting Illustrator? The Phantasm Effect should appear near the bottom of the Effect menu; and the Phantasm panel should be accessible through the Window menu, possibly under Astute Graphics. If you've only installed Phantasm I'm not sure how it's listed.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

Have tried uninstalling the Astute manager, the plugin and reinstalling all of it and restarting Illustrator several times and still nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version (25.1) does not run with plugins on Mac OS. Windows doesn't seem to be affected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im now running an older version (2019) and it still doesnt load. I also know someone using the latest version who has it working also so I don't think it's that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said: it doesn't seem to affect Windows.

As for the non-working plugins: have you already contacted Astute Graphics? They might know a trick or two to get it working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're both on Macs. I'll try talking to Astute.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2023 Oct 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

got the same problem. installed and uninstalled and reinstalled. doesnt do anything. I wish you still remember what solution given by the support. coz its gonna take time for my msgs to read them and I have a rush project. I emailed them already.. but its quite bummer knowing this issue do occur and cannot find any solution, but only contacting the support.. really quite bummer. it says my license is inactive in illustrator. but my astute mangers shows that I still have 4 days and says active.. that was the problem..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are on the regular Illustrator version? Or a beta?

Astute Graphics is usually quick with answering. If you are on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, try and contact them over there as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines