Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automate Logo Production

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been researching this topic for quite some time now but I have not found complete topics that addresses my dilemma.

When I create a logo one of the deliverables that we offer to our clients are their logos in multiple versions and formats.

For example. The logo is supplied as a PMS, CMYK and RGB versions as well as reverse and black and white IF applicable. These are all saved as .ai, .eps, .pdf, .png, .jpg and finally .tif.

The file name will also contain a prefix indicating what version and format. - ex. Logo Design_CMYK.ai / Logo Design_RGB.png / Logo Design_PMS123C.eps

So you can imagine how many different files I have to create. If my client decides to have multiple variations of their logo then there are even more logos I have to create. I have found scripts that simple things like RGB to CMYK or Pantone to CMYK. I use actions quite often to automate as much as I can but I all get from my peers is make a script.

If I knew how to make a script then I wouldn't need to be on this forum.

I'm not asking for someone to make it for me but If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Thank you all in advance

CB

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Contributor ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you would like to create a script, this tool is your help.

Adobe ExtendScript Toolkit:

http://www.adobe.com/products/extendscript-toolkit.html

You'll write ExtendScript code for Illustrator.

Adobe Illustrator CC (CS3 ~ 2017) Scripting:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/illustrator/scripting.html

Hints on coding to achieve your purpose:

"File Object" for aceessing file name.

"Document.saveas()" method for saving file as AI, EPS, PDF ...

"IllustratorSaveOptions" for setting AI format options.

"EPSSaveOptions" for setting EPS format options.

"Document.exportFile()" method for exporting file as PNG...

"ExportOptionsPNG24" for setting PNG format options.

...many...many...many...

Have fun!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I write scripts for illustrator for a living and i'm still learning new stuff on this forum every day. Never underestimate the power of community. Do come back with all of your questions. Every question you ask, and we answer, teaches us new things or keeps us fresh, as well as creates a larger and larger volume of reference material for someone looking for the same answers in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  I've been pouring over old Adobe forum posts looking for a script that will help automate the logo-export processs.  On one hand, it seems like such a mechanical, easy-to-automate process, on the other, logo export processes seem to vary wildly between designers.  I'm always surprised how long this part of the process takes me for how mechanical it feels, and I'd love to purchase a script or pay someone to help write one to help me with the process.  After all, at some point, we all have to decide where to spend our time...

Your comment "I write scripts for illustrator for a living..." caught my attention, and I hope you don't mind me pestering you: do you have any great recommendations for Logo Export Scripts for Illustrator, or know where I could go to hire someone to work with me to create one (other than freelancer.com)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If a plugin does also work, you could give "The logo package" a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines