• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automated way to make a stacked column graph percentual?

Participant ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a bunch of stacked column graphs – quite simple graphs, but with a fair amount of data involved.

In addition to showing these as ‘simple’, numeric graphs where the sum total of each column determines the height of the column, I need to also show each graph as a percentual stacked column graph, i.e., one where all columns are the same height and individual data sets take up a percentage of the total column height.

If possible, I would like to be able to do this without having to create a separate input data file with calculated percentual values, since this would have to be done for each graph individually, and I’d have to do it again every time anything changed in a graph. It would be so much more practical if I could simply use the same data for both graphs, but have one be formatted ‘absolutely’ (numerically) and one ‘relatively’ (percentually).

So far I haven’t been able to find a way to do this, though. Googling just gives me a million pages on how to add a percentage sign after the labels in the values in the value axis, which isn’t what I’m looking for at all.

Is it possible to do this fairly simply? Or am I SOL?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hm, according to this older question, it appears I may be SOL. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines