• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Avenir Next Bold .ttf font style showing as missing Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This font issue seems to be originating in Adobe programs on Windows 10. I was given a file from a Mac version of Adobe Illustrator. I have worked between Windows and Mac and back again on a weekly basis at my previous job and font recognition has not been an issue.

The file that was given to me was a packaged file with a "Fonts" folder containing multiple .ttf and .otf fonts which I installed on my Windows 10 PC. The Avenir Next font family was packaged in a .ttc file which I have never seen before.

1b84e827fc1bb02d31941a718199f3b7.png

After installation on my PC it says that there are 12 font faces and it shows up when I go in the folder in Settings and in Control Panel.

c63e4e5fed7498db34dbf8684217fe55.png

But when I go into the AI file I was given, all of the font family shows up except for Avenir Next Bold, which it shows as missing. This is true in every Adobe program I have tried ie. Photoshop, and InDesign so far.

8d6396c7ed34ebe7445f60021e078a43.pngca5147b210830be98a232222c8418530.png

This is incredibly frustrating and upsetting especially because I emailed the person who sent me the file and they said that they sent me all the fonts I would need.

I would appreciate some help as this job is incredibly important to me if I am going to be able to work from home on a Windows PC.

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

You could try to create a folder named Fonts in the Illustrator application folder and put the font file in that folder.

I don't have access to a Win PC, so I cannot check it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to good information shared above, I'd request checking out this help article as well to know more about how to remove corrupt fonts. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True type comes in different flavors. And there is a flavor which is Mac only.

You need to get the font as an OTF or a Windows compatible TTF version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I have looked very hard for an OTF version and it seems that every single TTF version I find is the Mac only version. Do you know how to convert between the types of fonts? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try to create a folder named Fonts in the Illustrator application folder and put the font file in that folder.

I don't have access to a Win PC, so I cannot check it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I put it in the C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings\en_US\x64 folder, is this what you meant? It does not seem to have changed anything. Thank you for the reply though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I mean in the Illustrator application folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx @Ton Frederiks , I wish I found this answer a lot sooner. This also worked for me and its great to know that is how I can get Illustrator to find a font. Does this also work for other Adobe products?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, it also work in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It doesn't seem to work for Photoshop, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear that worked for you.

A Fonts folder inside the application folder is the first place where Illustrator will look for fonts, but these are only usable in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to good information shared above, I'd request checking out this help article as well to know more about how to remove corrupt fonts. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines