Experiencing crash on launch in Illustrator or unable to launch Illustrator? Follow solutions mentioned in this help article that provides simple and popular troubleshooting steps for these issues.
If the solutions in the article do not help, we suggest sharing a few more details to investigate the issue. Create a new post and share the following details:
- SPX (macOS) or NFO (Windows) file from your machine.
1. Click on Apple Icon > About this Mac > System Report
2. This will launch the System Profiler
3. Then Click File > Save > Save in Creative Cloud Files
4. Then open https://assets.adobe.com/files
5. Click on three dots next to spx file > Share > Copy Link and share it with us.
1. Press Windows+R to open the Run dialog, enter msinfo32 and hit OK
2. Click File > Save > Save in Creative Cloud Files
3. Then open https://assets.adobe.com/files
4. Click on three dots next to spx file > Share > Copy Link and share it with us.
- Exact version of Illustrator. You can find it under following locations:
MAC: Illustrator > About Illustrator
Windows: Help > About Illustrator
There are multiple factors both internal and external to application that can lead to these issues which we are addressing time to time as we progress hence we always recommend you to be on latest version of Illustraror.
- Share crash logs by following these steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html
While submitting the crash, report please use the same email address, with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly.
- Share the exact workflow. For example, how you are launching the app from Applications folder/ dock/ windows start menu/ Creative Cloud desktop app?
Does it shows any error message? If yes, share the screenshot of the error message.
- Windows users can check Event Viewer as well.
1. Press Windows+R to open the Run dialog, enter eventvwr (or eventvwr.msc) and hit OK.
2. Go to Windows Logs > Application and check if you see any error related to Illustrator
3. If yes, please share the screenshot like this
- When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, or web extensions installed recently.
We hope that this page helps resolving your issue but if you need further assistance, please post your query in the community and we’ll be happy to help.
We heard you!
June release of Illustrator now has all the amazing features as below:
Rotate View: The Rotate View tool in Illustrator now allows you to rotate the canvas view and change the canvas orientation to any angle. Along with the rotation of the canvas view, all your artboards and visible objects will be rotated as well. In rotated perspective, you can simply adjust and edit your artwork in the same way you can in a regular view.
Apple Silicon support: On Apple computers with the Apple Silicon M1 chip, Illustrator now runs quicker in native mode. Some of the features like Adobe Bridge in Illustrator menus, DXF and DWG file format support, and legacy third-party (Intel-only) plugins, are not available in the native mode. However, to avail these features you must run Illustrator in Rosetta emulation mode.
- Paste text without source formatting: Individual source formats no longer need to be removed from your document. Simply select Edit > Paste without Formatting to remove all formatting in a single step.
- Delete hidden layers: You can now delete hidden layers and sublayers from the Layers panel. It comes in handy when you need to eliminate all the hidden layers that aren't important to your artwork rapidly.
To check out what’s new please see here: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/whats-new.html
We have received several reports where some individuals in the community are posing as Adobe Employees. These individuals are falsely representing who they are to gain your trust, and possibly access to your computer or personal information by offering to help troubleshoot issues.
Here are 3 Easy ways you can identify Adobe Staff:
➊ All Adobe Staff have a RED ADOBE BADGE below their profile picture and an Adobe logo after their username. This staff badge is visible on Adobe Staff profile pages, original posts and reply threads.
➋ Genuine Adobe emails are always email@example.com
➌ Adobe Staff will never ask you to share your passwords or sensitive information in the Adobe Community. Adobe employees will always direct you to communicate through an official Adobe channel to set up support sessions.
Report abuse or suspicious behavior to: firstname.lastname@example.org