Highlighted

Beginner needs help (export, print ...)

New Here ,
May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am completely new to (Adobe) Illustrator and need help.

I'll start from scratch ...
I have ordered products on the Internet on which a design should now be printed, design by me (which printing method I do not know).
As guidelines I got the format and the requirement for the Ai document.

The design is finished so far, but I don't know how to save or export it. Which settings are suitable? I heard you should switch from RGB to CMYK (for printing?!), which, however, worsened the colors for me.

I hope you can help me! 🙂

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Beginner needs help (export, print ...)

New Here ,
May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am completely new to (Adobe) Illustrator and need help.

I'll start from scratch ...
I have ordered products on the Internet on which a design should now be printed, design by me (which printing method I do not know).
As guidelines I got the format and the requirement for the Ai document.

The design is finished so far, but I don't know how to save or export it. Which settings are suitable? I heard you should switch from RGB to CMYK (for printing?!), which, however, worsened the colors for me.

I hope you can help me! 🙂

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 25, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share the instructions from the product makers. There is generic right solution. Sometimes CMYK is needed, sometimes it’s a disaster. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CMYK is required. I asked them

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 26, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That tells us less, though, than you could imagine. Please share EVERYTHING you know. For example, the kind of products would be a clue: a mug, a tee shirt, a life size cut out, a cake? Who is the seller? I think you're assuming, as many people do, that there is a RIGHT choice and you just have to ask the pros what it is. No, the pros know what questions to ask... sorry...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 26, 2020 1
New Here ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry I misunderstood the question. my English is not the best.
The product is a skateboard deck (Canadian Maple), size 9 * 33 inches, digital print, sold on Alibaba.com. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first ever print job you do maybe shouldn't be one where you cannot get in contact with the seller or the printer or anyone responsible.

Can you post a link to exact file specifications? Because what you posted is still not sufficient.

Also: when you know that vector artwork absolutely needs to be sent into print in CMYK, then you might want to design in in CMYK color mode in order to be able to judge the result. CMYK will never be as vibrant as the RGB version.

Can you show us your design? Maybe something can be somewhat done about it, but you have to expect it to be duller than you wanted.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 26, 2020 0