Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best format for prints

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am in the process of sending out the prints that I designed in Adobe Illustrator to a big group of people. They will then print them on their own so there will be a lot of different printers used to print my designs. My question is, what is the best format to save my prints, which are quite colorful? I thought I could use JPG CMYK, but the colours on the computer look dull after saving in that format. Should I save as PDF - High Quality Print, Press Quality, anything else?

Thank you in advance!

Best,

Ana

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, not to lose colors, make sure you made the new document in CMYK color mode from the beginning.
If you didn't make that, even you sent the file in PDF or Ai, colors will convert to CMYK in the printer if you didn't in the export settings.
--------------
So make sure you started the document in CMYK. If you didn't, change the color mode before exporting file and try to change the color values to fix it. 
_________
If you are working in CMYK from the beginning, aving file In PDF is better than JPEG. You can also use File>Package and send the open source with all links and fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If they print it on desktop printers, then the result would be slightly better if you send them RGB files.

But also: you have to keep in mind that printers cannot reproduce all that you can design in RGB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines