Best format for projecting onto building?

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

A bit of advice please.  I'm finishing a project for someone, and can't quite figure out the best format to save the files in.

In essence, an abstract drawing is going to be muralized on the side of a building. The artist asked me to simplify the drawing, match it with pre-selected paint colors, and create paint-by-number style maps.  The maps will then be projected onto the building for painting.

I did the work in Illustrator, and created a PDF set for printing, but what format would be best for projecting? I don't have the dimensions for the side of the building, so the graphics need to allow for stretching--which rules out a static pdf. I was thinking SVG or EPS, but since it's not a web or print graphic, I'm not sure.

I'd appreciate any thoughts you might have!  

TOPICS
Import and export, Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ask the person who is projecting it. Needs to work with their equipment, which might be anything. Perhaps just some small controller.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The projector has a native resolution, perhaps 1080P, which is 1920 x 1080 pixels. You probably want to export to a raster format at that resolution. I suggest PNG and JPEG. Let the projector opperator decide which to use.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines