• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bizarre FPS and RAM stats appear when using shortcuts.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this has been happening to me and my father, who both own and use Illustrator professionally.  When using certain shortcuts, in my case ctrl shift o for outline text, my program seizes for a moment, then stats showing my FPS, GPU temp, CPU temp, and RAM usage appears in the top left corner.  Not sure if this is from a third party app, but I can't find any forum answers for this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

I uninstalled CAM from NZXT and that seemed to be the root of the issue.  There must have been some hotkey overlap.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could start with telling us your version and system.

Did you already try a system reboot?

And then: did you already try running Illustrator without anything (nothing, not even browser and stuff) besides it? Preferably after restarting the machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it started on the last verison of Illustrator CC 2017.  I have since udated to 2018 and am still having the issue.  I have tried rebooting the machine.  I have run Illustrator alone without programs running in the background, but not as the only installed program on my machine.  That would take far too much time to be worth it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not necessary to uninstall everything, it only shouldn't run.

Please contact Adobe Support on Monday.

Contact Customer Care

They can log into your machine and check stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled CAM from NZXT and that seemed to be the root of the issue.  There must have been some hotkey overlap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for digging into this and glad you sorted it out.

Can you please mark your own answer as correct, so others can find it more easily? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an old thread, but just an FYI for anyone looking into this in 2020.

You dont have to completely uninstall NZXT CAM, just uncheck the offending overlays in the software.

gigazarak_0-1586314816408.png

I have them all checked in the screen cap above (because I dont have this specific problem), but if you are seeing them in Photoshop and dont want to uninstall NZXT CAM (you still want that sweet rgb action) then unchecking the options should fix the problem.

You may have to restart Photoshop to see it resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gigazarek Do you like NZXT CAM?  I uninstalled before I read your response, but now I'm debeting reinstalling.  I liked it, but now I don't trust it after it offended me in Photoshop!  WHY?!? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NZXT is required if you have lighting in your nzxt case, etc.  It's a really great program that also handles cooling and level of sound in your machine plus many other things.

All you have to do is change the HOTKEY for the overlay in nzxt settings, you don't have to turn off the overlay entirely if you work on gigantic files like I do sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Additional note- hte normal hotkey is CTRL + O so you most likely popped this opening a new file as I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines