Highlighted

Black screen on Illustrator, files don't display

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have an issue when opening any artboard on Illustrator. All i get is a black screen where the file should be, i can see the menu, navigation, tools as well. i can even click on elements in the artboard, but it's all black. This is the case for new files, old EPS as well as .AI. I have tried updating my drivers, installing older versions of AI but to no avail! I'm using a new machine, which is the problem i believe. I have the Lenovo Legion Y720. I need assistance ASAP, not able to do any work on the new machine...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Black screen on Illustrator, files don't display

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have an issue when opening any artboard on Illustrator. All i get is a black screen where the file should be, i can see the menu, navigation, tools as well. i can even click on elements in the artboard, but it's all black. This is the case for new files, old EPS as well as .AI. I have tried updating my drivers, installing older versions of AI but to no avail! I'm using a new machine, which is the problem i believe. I have the Lenovo Legion Y720. I need assistance ASAP, not able to do any work on the new machine...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 15, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try View > Preview on CPU

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 15, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did, does not help either. One thing i noticed is when i close illustrator, i am able to view the artboard for a split second which is even more annoying.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 15, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact support. They can have a look inside your system:

Contact Customer Care

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 15, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same exact issue. Did this ever get resolved?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 27, 2020 1
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi were you able to fix this issue?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really. Resizing the document window might help. But the only solution is closing the program. And opening it again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0