• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blank Screen on Illustrator on Mac OS

New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open the illustrator app everything is blank.

When I try and open a new document basically samething, the new document window opens but I can not see anything or choose anything.Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 2.52.28 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-26 at 3.08.14 PM.png

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this issue. I understand how frustrating it could be. Let us help you fix this. Please try following these steps one by one and let us know how it goes:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

the best solution i got to my OS Illustrator 2020 24.2.0 was:

In preferences check the box that says "Use Legacy New Document dialog"

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this issue. I understand how frustrating it could be. Let us help you fix this. Please try following these steps one by one and let us know how it goes:

Let us know if this helps or if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of this worked. Nothing but a white screen and wasted time. Current machine: OS X Big Sur 11.4 (was occuring before the latest update, today 5/24/2021) and on PC: win10 64bit. Everything up to date. 

This is disappointing. Any more ideas??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If uninstalling and resetting doesn't help, then the next thing would be to contact Customer Care, so they can have a look inside your system https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Monika, I replied to your other post as well, but - I got it working (viewing?) again by selecting "view" and "pixel view" or something like that, then closed the file, and reopened from Creative Cloud - all works now. Strange. 

Thank you so much for your replies, I appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My illustrator is giving me the gray face and I'm having the same issue. However, I can't click much of anything under the view menu. How did yours allow you to??

Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 9.38.54 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you don't have any files currently open - that's why the options in the View menu are greyed-out.

Give this a shot: Open an Illustrator file, then select View -> Pixel Preview (then do that again to turn Pixel Preview off - so essentially you're toggling it on and off) and hopefully that'll work for you!

Also, depending on the file, try scrolling up and down - sometimes that brought things into view for me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesss that was why the items weren't clickable. Lol. I notcied that as soon as I posted that response. However, that didn't assist with the problem I have of the screen still being completely grayed out once I open up illustrator. I am able to open files but my homescreen is still just a gray screen. Not too sure how to fix that part 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ok - I also used the cleaner tool, then followed the steps on the other thread as far as either renaming the folders and/or deleted them, then reinstalling - then after that toggling pixel view, etc. I didn't have to use the "legacy File New interface" just fyi, but may be worth a try...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's work 
Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hello. I have the exact same problem starting with version 27.8.1 through actual version 28.1.
i noticed that when disconnected from creative cloud the illustrator's interface is loaded correctly but with a popup to connect. when i connect to creative cloud the interface of illustrator goes blank instantely.
i'm using macbook pro 2018 with macos 14.2.1 and all the cep solutions do not work.
all other adobe products are running well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the best solution i got to my OS Illustrator 2020 24.2.0 was:

In preferences check the box that says "Use Legacy New Document dialog"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@EdduVaz Bless your heart. Illustrator and Photoshop where giving me the black screen of death after the Big Sur upgrade and this is the only this that worked!

I was starting to get into full panic mode, as I have a major project due. HOLY FACK this is not a cool bug at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!!!  Thank you!  Finally a fix that worked on my machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @SharonZ,

Glad to hear that you were able to resolve the problem. Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance in the future. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

En windows sucede lo mismo, desinstale la aplicación y volví a instalar desde creative cloud, así se soluciono el problema.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Byron Graphics,

We're glad to hear that your issue has been resolved by reinstalling Illustrator. To help other users with similar problems, would you mind marking the answer as correct? We appreciate your contribution to the community. Let us know if you have any more questions or concerns. We're always here to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines