• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blank what's new/ tooltip window on Illustrator UI

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get rid of the blue box that appears under the Lightbulb icon and it's blocking me from doing my work on the Illustrator. Please let me know if you know how I could get rid of the box!

Moderator Note: Merged several threads, as they're all the same problem. Please note @jac96229111 , @Federico5CA0 , @defaultmd6ewtejy5jy  - you will find your threads here!

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

I tried everything on page one of this thread and nothing worked until I did this:

• Close Illustrator and other Adobe apps.
  • Go to '/Users/<username>/Library/Caches/Adobe/Experimentation' and clean this folder.

A clean install did not work. Resetting preferences didn't work. Clicking the light bulb did nothing but open another empty window with a blue background. Obviously a glitch in the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Hi all, 

We have tried to address this issue in our latest release v25.4.1. Please update Illustrator to the latest version to get this fixed. For more details, please refer to this UserVoice page ( https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/43680072-blue-learn-box-won-t-go-away )

Please feel free to reach out if you still need assistance, we'd be hapy to help. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing the version of the OS & Illustrator? Does it appear every time you launch the app? Have you tried resetting the preferences of the app?

This information would help us assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue on Mas OS Catalina.

Click on the lightbulb,

MikeGondek_0-1624735892547.png

then close the popup window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and found no actual resolution in any googling. Tried EVERYTHING, reset preferences - Adobe Cleaner/Reinstall, alter prefs (turning off tool tips), etc. Nothing worked.
I finally gave up and moved my panels away from the top of the screen and let them free-float, so I could work. Restarted it a couple of times, to the same problem... and then magically - IT DISAPPEARED! 
I have no clue how to suggest what did work - but I can tell you that in my case, patience (and annoyance) prevailed! 

@ashutosh  - maybe you can make a suggestion that's more reliable? I am using MacOS Mojave - plenty of RAM, 

Radeon RX 580 8GB.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Everyone, I just downladed Illustraitor, on a new mac, and for some reason the "Explore box" won't go away? so I am unable to see my tools.. Its probably me.. But how can I remoive it? Even if I agree the help is empty.

I hope this make sense, Its the Blue box I'm trying to delete..Screen Shot 2021-06-26 at 2.27.45 PM.png

Thansk Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the lightbulb,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/blue-box-under-lightbulb-icon/td-p/12140431

Same Problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see from the picture, the help speech bubble just will not go away... It just sits there on top of everything else. It only happens within Illustrator.

Do you have any ideas?

Thank you

Federico

Federico5CA0_0-1624718008443.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Federico,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing the version of the OS & Illustrator? Does it appear every time you launch the app? Have you tried restarting the app/machine?

I'd request you to please try resetting the preferences of the app & see if it helps. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh, 

Resetting the preferences seems to have done the trick thank you!

For reference I am on macOS 10.15.7
Illustrator 25.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the lightbulb,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see
https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/blue-box-under-lightbulb-icon/td-p/12140431

Same problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-06-29 at 16.19.50.png

Anyone know how to get rid of this? I have restarted adobe and switched help tips off in preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

I have ran into an annoying graphical bug un Illustrator (see attached image). I have a floating black window from the learn tab that cannot be removed, and that is hindering the other tabs and prevent them from being used. Does anybody else came across this feature? How can I removed it from my workspace? 

Screen Shot 2021-06-27 at 11.41.28 AM.png

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about this trouble. This is really strange. Could you please share a few more details like:

• OS and version of Illustrator
  • GPU installed on your machine.
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently. 
  • Does turning off GPU performance (CMD+K > Performance > Uncheck GPU performance) help resolving this issue?
    GPU performance Ai.png

We're here to help, just need more info.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem on my iMac. Except the window is blue.  I can find no way of getting rid of it. It obscures important info in the control bar.Screenshot 2021-06-27 at 16.32.34.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. On a similar discussion , a user has confirmed that resetting preferences has reslved this issue. I would request if you could try the same and share the old preferneces folders with us.

• Go to following locations:
    ~/Library/Caches 
    ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe 
    ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename  Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 25 Settings folders to   Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 25 Settings.old 
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud. 
  • If this resolves the issue, please share the old folders with us. You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link. 

Regards,

Srishti  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have renamed the files, restarted from the cloud and the problem is still there.

And I have lost all me menu and control bar settings. That I can fix by reverting to the old prefs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try this workaround. Try clicking on the bulb icon in this state. That should open the learn panel which you can close.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried that and it doesn’t work.

Williams Munck Design & Marketing
24 Beach Road, Shoreham by Sea, West Sussex BN43 5LJ.
01273 454913
http://www.williamsmunck.co.uk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried that and it doesn't work

The blue drop-down persists

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying that, Tim. Please try these steps and let us know how it goes.

• Close Illustrator and other Adobe apps.
  • Go to '/Users/<username>/Library/Caches/Adobe/Experimentation' and clean this folder.
  • Relaunch Illustrator and let us know how it goes.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me:

• Relaunch Illustrator and let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also worked for me, when nothing "above" this worked (i.e., I went through each suggestion in the thread until getting to this one). 

FYI - clicking the light bulb only opened a "Learn" window that was also just blue and did nothing. The user that keeps suggesting clicking it doesn't understand the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has any had an issue with a blue note box opening over pallettes in upper right screen when opening Illustrator 25.3.1?  If so, were you able to fix it and if yes, how did you do it?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines