Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blank work areas in Illustrator?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Has anyone else come across a bug where the workspace goes blank (ie the artboards and all work don't show? It affects all open tabs, and the only way to restore is to restart Illustrator. I'd hoped the update to 23.0.2 might have solved it! It's random - sometimes a couple of times a day, sometimes every few days. Don't see any patterns with the files I'm working on either.

Mac is Mac Mini 2.8 i5

OSX 10.13.6

Illustrator 23.0.2

Any advice would be gratefully received as it's pretty annoying.

Thanks!

Ben

Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 15.46.54.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-25 at 15.46.48.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Option clicking on the finder, then returning back to Illustrator.

Have expereinced this only a few times and switching to finder made so I did nto have to  restart  Illustrator. Not sure if you need to hold down option when swithcing to finder, but try with and without.

If that dont help try window >> applicantion frame

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben,

Sorry to hear about this issue. Go to Window > Arrange > Float All in Window.

If that does not help, please close all Adobe applications and install GPU driver from manufacturer's website(do not use CD/DVDs).

Let us know if that helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Srishti

Yes - the 'float windows' does bring them back from the dead, yet doesn't explain why it's happening in the first place. Should I install the GPU driver anyway to see if that cures it? Do you have a link for the driver or is it easy to find?

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben,

It would be great if you can update GPU driver and let us know if that cures it completely.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - sorry - been too busy to address this, but I'm unable to install the GPU driver separately it seems - it's bundled in with OSX.

Issue still happening daily, usually two or three times. Also hanging/crashing on blank tab when opening files also.

Will this bug be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben,

Please report this issue at Adobe Illustrator Feedback page and contact our support team for a live troubleshooting session. Please refer to this link to start the chat with our support team: How to initiate chat with Adobe Support?

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this thread is from a year ago and Adobe still hasn't fixed this consistent, time-wasting bug. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please post bugs to http://illustrator.uservoice.com

There are issues that affect only very few users. If the developers can't replicate it, they can't fix it. So every affected person counts in order to find the cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines