• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blend (replace spine)

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have created outlines from type (made it an object?) and would like to use the blend tool. When I select the blended object and the object I want replaced, the replace spine option is grayed. Is there something else I need to do to the letters to make this work, or will it work with letters at all. I can get it to work with shapes I've drawn but not with letters. Help would be greatly appreciated.

If you are wondering, I am trying to create a rhinestone template.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 18, 2016 May 18, 2016

Object > Compound path > Release.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2016 Jan 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you need to select your Blended object and a path (just one path). This path will become the new "spine" of your Blended object.

can you post screen shots of what you have that is not working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 18, 2016 May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out part of the problem: if you're using outlines from type, then probably some of your paths are compound paths. You can't do the Replace Spine thing with compound paths; they have to be just "paths" (as shown in the Appearance box). I ended up having to redraw the compound path. After I did that, the "Replace Spine" option reappeared.

There must be a better way to turn a compound path into a regular path than by redrawing it, but I don't know. (I just found some options in another forum, but I haven't tried them.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2016 May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Object > Compound path > Release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 23, 2016 May 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I thought I had tried that at the time, but I just did an experiment and it worked, so I must have done something wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried but compound path is also grayed, it does not allow me to do any changes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

schrieb

I have tried but compound path is also grayed, it does not allow me to do any changes

Please create a new thread and post a screenshot of your object together with the (open) layers panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey same problem here do you guys figure out how it works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

schrieb

Hey same problem here do you guys figure out how it works?

Please create a new thread and show screenshots.

Don't forget the layers panel in your screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(with blended object): Object > Envelope Distort > Expand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks so much this rlly helped

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one helped me. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realeased the compound path, then used Patherfinder-Merge to make them one shape. Replace spine worked, but it kind of outlines the letter in 3D. So kind of works, kind of not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks , it helped me .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines