• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blender style movement in Illustrator

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been looking for this solution for a while and am surprised I can't find anything.
If anyone has used 3D Blender software before they would know how pressing "G" will pick up the selected object and that object will follow the movement of your mouse until you click to place. Same with Scale and Rotate.
Illustrator already has a very similar system for scale and rotate which is great, but I've been searching for a script or addon or something, that will allow me to with an object selected press a hotkey and that object will now follow the movement of my mouse until I click to place.

The reason I'd like to have this feature is sometimes when working on complex files, ill find and select an object in the layer panel and then try to click-drag it and almost always end up grabbing and moving a different object... I'm sure many people have had this issue before.

Does anyone know of something that exists that would allow me to do this?

TOPICS
Scripting , Third party plugins , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Illustrator are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator CC 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Posting to show my interest in this topic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines