• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blending Options not working in Illustrator

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I'm currently trying to use the 'Blend Options' in Illustrator to blend these text. I'm not very familiar with illustrator so I'm super stuck. I tried placing each of the (3) text on separate layers and then blending but no luck. When I go to Object > Blend, with all of the text selected all options are greyed out except make and blend options. When I choose make, I get the error message "The operation cannot complete because some object or parameter was invalid". 

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I'm not mistaken, you can only Blend two objects at a time.  You could try Blending item 1 and item 2 ( but duplicate item 2 first ), then Blend item 2 and item 3.  Reassemble entire group to create the illusion of all three blended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blending Two Objects at a time defintley helped! Thank You! But it only worked for the word "MONTH". I used a gradient swatch for each of the letters of the word "PRIDE", so when I try to use the Blending options it doesn't do it correctly, I'm guessing because of the different colors. I'm not sure why the word "HAPPY" has these lines that appears between the letters after I blend them??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show what's inside your groups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make each word a Compound Path separately. Color as you want, then Group all three words.

Make your copy in the back the same way.

Select both groups, then do the Blend from one point of the foreground to the same point of the background.

Your Blend options will have to be Specified Steps. Choose a number just high enough to hide the jags

that should do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines